A city girl learning to live off grid on a mountain in Montana with a country boy makes for an endless supply of funny stories, even if they weren't funny at the time. Lots of laughs and tears and love along the way. Enjoy! 😊

Thursday, March 31, 2022

A Hidden Romantic

Hubby Butch doesn't like Chick Flicks so I don't ever try to make him watch one with me. I happily watch them by myself so I can fully enjoy them without having my own personal version of a male Chatty Cathy talking all the way through the movie. 🙄


I was watching Pride and Prejuduce lately and Butch, who had been working outside, came in and sat down. I warned him of the horrible Chick Flick being portrayed but he said, "I'm just resting for a minute. I won't be here long."  


Twenty minutes later he was grumbling and complaining about how SLOW the movie was and asking WHERE all the shootins, killins and 'splosions were!


I responded, "Butch. CHICK. FLICK. I can change the movie for Pete's Sake."


Butch said, "Nah, I'm fixin' to get back to work. Grumble, grumble."


Thirty minutes later he's still there and he's engrossed. Then he suddenly yells at the t.v., "KISS HER ALREADY!" which made me jump in my seat. 


When I looked over at him, with the usual raised eyebrows, he sheepishly said," Well! He should have! And why are we watching this dumb movie anyway?" Then proceeded to watch the rest of the 'dumb movie' with me, grinning like a goose at the end when the boy and girl got married and lived happily ever after.


Don't tell me there's no romantic hiding under that rough exterior. I've seen him. But I won't tell anybody. His secret is safe with me.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment