A city girl learning to live off grid on a mountain in Montana with a country boy makes for an endless supply of funny stories, even if they weren't funny at the time. Lots of laughs and tears and love along the way. Enjoy! 😊

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Awkward Conversation #13,847

 Awkward Conversation of the week: πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„


Missoula-based Delta employee (who is around my age and also big and handsome to boot) - "I think I've found your bag! Is it brown?"


Me - "Sigh. No, it's black."


Delta person - "Really? Does it have a white ribbon and a piece of gray tape on the side?"


Me - "Yes but it's not brown. It's black. Sigh!"


Delta guy rolls suitcase out of back room with hopeful yet confused look on his face. Yep, that's my bag. And um yeah, it's brown. It's brown?? I thought it was black! 


Me - "Uh. Ha ha!! That IS my bag! Duh! I guess it IS brown! Ha ha HA!"  (Dear Lord.  πŸ™„ How did I not know the color of my own suitcase???) (In my defense, it is a very, very DARK brown, almost black. To me anyway.) 


Me, sheepish from having senior moment in front of this man and trying to make pleasant conversation showing him I'm not in fact nuts - "I'm really glad to get my suitcase back! It doesn't have anything expensive in it but it does have something I can't live without, a little battery-operated doohickey I NEED (because for some reason I didn't want to say the obviously embarrassing words 'Water Pic' out loud, dental implements being as shush shush as they are).


Handsome Delta employee - *blank stare*, then chuckles like, "Wow. Okay. Thanks for the info."


Me (face turning beet red, horrified at the implications of what I just said because most people, NOT me, have their minds in the gutter, sputters out) - "OMG!! WATER PIC! It's my water pic for my teeth!!" baring my pearly whites and pointing to them in a frantic manner. 


Delta Guy - looks at me like, "Uh huh." then walks away, still chuckling. 


Me on floor, unzipping suitcase  - "No! Come back! I'll show you! Look!" waving just found Water Pic in the air. 


Me to myself - "Alisha, STOP. TALKING. Put AWAY your Water Pic.. people are staring. Turn and leave NOW."


Talk about a walk of shame. 


I'm beginning to think I should never leave the house unsupervised ever again. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



No comments:

Post a Comment