A city girl learning to live off grid on a mountain in Montana with a country boy makes for an endless supply of funny stories, even if they weren't funny at the time. Lots of laughs and tears and love along the way. Enjoy! 😊

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A Rich Legacy

Sooooo, I was at a mountain dinner party recently. Three of us off grid girls were talking about life in general when one of us, not me, mentioned what she did that day. 


In the middle of recounting her day, she said very matter of factly, and I quote here,  " ... and I ironed for a couple of hours while watching Tom Jones and then I ..." 


To which I rudely interrupted and said, in fine Tom Jones fashion, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. You did what? Go back. What were you doing? "Ironing to Tom Jones"?? You mean Tom Jones, the singer?" 


She looked at me, forehead all scrunched up, and said, "Is there any other?" To which I burst out laughing because, no, there is no other and then I said, "Do tell. I must hear more." because Tom Jones was indeed handsome and I get it, but he was more of our mothers' generation of heart throbs, not ours. 


She then explained that her mother had always done the daily ironing during the Tom Jones show, so, to my friend, forever thereafter, Tom Jones and ironing simply go together. She has a set of dvd's of the Tom Jones show that she puts on while she irons. 


And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of passing down a rich legacy and being an exceptionally good role model. Because if you can't sing and dance with a good-looking man while you're ironing, then what's the point of ironing at all?  ;)


 "It's not unUsual to be loved by anyone, nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh!" 🎵 🎶 🎼


No comments:

Post a Comment